Banner artwork by T. Schneider / Shutterstock.com
As auto workers went on strike on September 15, what should in-house counsel at US employers keep in mind?
- Know the union landscape.
- Prepare for negotiations.
- Consider WARN requirements.
- Understand under what circumstances reductions in force and lock-outs may be allowed.
- Consider applicable prohibitions on measures impacting visa holders.
- Learn about recent case law allowing employers to bring tort claims under state law.
- Consider the impact on global supply chains and review contractual implications.